Monday, March 5, 2012

Complete: Shere Khan, the Beast King.

(* - Well, mostly complete.  The base won't be wrapped up until the rest of his unit is.)

Last week, I mentioned that I'd managed to complete the painting on both the Panda(ren Brewmaster) Battle Standard Bearer for the Mountain Temple half of my army and the Beast King, Shere Khan, for the Jungle Temple. This weekend, I finally found a few minutes between installing closet organizers and running family errands to snap a few photos.

First up: Shere Khan, the Beast King.


Take the jump for more ...















Shere Khan was converted from a Brunchaath the Vile, Tain of the Gabrax, from Maelstrom Games.

I added some bits from the Chaos Knights (a halbard turned into a sword and shoulder pads that fit the motif of my army), a punch dagger from the Chaos Lord on Manticore kit and a knife from one of the Ogre Kingdoms sets.  Overall, I really like the way it came together.

It's not as visible here as it will be in on the tabletop because of the angle of these photos, but his base is one of the 'Ruins' set from Scibor Monstrous Miniatures. It's meant to represent the giant temples that these beasts make their societies in. Unfortunately, that part is not entirely finished as, since all of the Bestigor will be on similar bases, I'm waiting to add vegetation until they're all based so that there will be some consistency throughout the unit(s).

Comments, critiques and (constructive) criticism always welcome.

No comments: