Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday Workbench: Crocotaurs.

The past couple of days, I've begun the long process of changing River Trolls into the Crocs that I'll be using to stand in for Minotaurs in my Beast Kings army.

Originally, I'd intended to simply use the Beloved of Sobek minis from Crocodile Games' Wargods of Aegyptus line but ran into several issues shortly in:

First, they're metal which makes modifying them nearly impossible and I'm dead set on not having 'duplicate' figures in my army. This would mean either much Dremeling or much recasting and I'm not a big fan of either of those options.

Second, they're expensive. Collecting them in the number I'd need would quickly get cost-prohibitive.

Third, even after putting in the work and the money, I'd never get them onto the pages of White Dwarf or into a Games Workshop tournament. And, though they'd let me use them at the local gaming venue without any issues, being excluded from those two things is still a consideration.

(What do you mean I'll never get into White Dwarf ... ?!)

So, with those things in mind, I opted to go with the sculpting and conversion route.

Several hours later, here's what I've come up with so far ...




As always, I look forward to hearing your feedback!

No comments: